Friday, March 23, 2007

Three Dog Night

Looks like I caught them plotting something and they're all putting on their innocent "not me" faces. Notice the squeaky bird toy in Bentley's crossed paws. This bird was part of a game that will most likely last until Peanut and Bents go home next week. Bentley chooses one of Molly's 300 toys. He plays with it, she glares at him. He gets distracted for a second, she sneaks in and steals it from him. He gets up and finds another toy, she steals it when he's not looking. She's quite the spoiled brat. "I haven't played with it for months, but since you're playing with it, I want it."

Paula never believes me when I tell her that P and B have been very good house guests. Peanut's a little curious and likes to get into trouble, but she's been a perfect lady. I even forgot to move the baskets of bread and chips that I keep under the butcher block in the kitchen and she didn't touch them all day. Last time she stayed over she took the yarn out of my knitting basket and just relocated it across the room. No damage, she just liked them better in her spot. This time I put the basket on the counter before I left for work, so no yarn-relocation games for Miss P.

This weekend I think we might all go for a nice, muddy run out back. I only have one orange safety dog vest so I'll have to fashion something for the other deer look-a-like greyhound before we head out. It's so cute to see the three of them running around chasing each other. I tried to catch them on video last night playing, but each time I hit record, someone squatted to pee and I didn't think anyone really needed to see that.

OK, one more shot of Frick and Frack. Here they are enjoying a laugh at Molly's expense, I'm sure. I bet they were picking on Molly's short legs or something.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my God. That is the best. My dogs do the same thing - Jimmy will find some old toy of Junior's that is three years old and Junior never cared about - UNTIL he sees Jimmy with it. Then it's his most favorite toy EVER and how DARE Jimmy touch it. You are so lucky to get to have the two extra house guests! They are so sweet!

Flann said...

They are so cute! I keep coming back to look at the pictures. I love the last one, they look like they're sharing a funny story or something.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!!! Thank you Lisa. You made our day out here. You are the best. How many times did I tell Karlo today . . . "I miss the hounds." Karlo keeps reminding me that they will never want to leave your place - especially to go to our 'new home.' sigh. I will check back as much as I can. I hope they stay well behaved for you.