Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Has This Ever Happened to You?

You enter a seemingly empty, very quiet room, like, say, a public restroom. You go about your business, your mind caught up in some plans, maybe what you need to pack for your vacation, you're deep in thoughts and mental lists, when you suddenly hear FLUSSSH!! There's someone else in there! Not only are you now startled, but also suddenly embarassed and searching your recent memory wondering, was I talking to myself? Did the mysterious flusher hear me talk or sigh or wonder aloud?

I hate it when that happens. Maybe it's just me...

3 comments:

Beth said...

I just laughed out loud. It's not just you.

Amanda said...

Definitely not just you.

Flann said...

It's happened to me, too.

One similar experience I had today was that I was sort of mumbling to myself in my head, but I'd notice I'd mumble a word or two outloud. Then I passed a girl who was talking to herself, and my first reaction was "Yikes, crazy girl alert!" and then I realized that she was probably just like me and we've all had those moments of being so lost in thought that we don't realize we're verbalizing it.