Monday, June 19, 2006

Hooker

Although I make pretty jewelry, I don't usually wear much of it. I'm not sure why, I just like to keep things simple. A necklace here, a bracelet there. I like rings, but only one on each hand. I wear earrings sometimes, but I won't wear a necklace AND earrings at the same time. Whenever I do, I feel like it's just too much sparkle. "Overdecorated" is how I like to put it. Other people look great with matched sets of earrings and neckalces but for me, it's just too much.

I once told this to my friends Amanda and Flannery who somehow took "overdecorated" to mean "street walker". Now whenever they wear a necklace and earrings together, they will point out the fact that, thanks to their jewelry choices, they're prostitutes. They point out coworkers and people around them who wear jewelry like prostitutes.

I think of them whenever I put my jewelry on and this morning I decided to go wild. I chose to wear my Mandi necklace AND a pair of stud earrings from Lia Sophia. WOAH! It felt like too much when I put it all on, especially with my shiny glasses and the stripey shirt I'm wearing, but it's summer and it's hot - why not be wild? So this post is for you guys. Just a warning, I'm looking like a hooker today.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You HOOKER!!

Beth said...

What??? I was there too when we came up with that!! Have you forgotten me already????? sheesh. I know I don't have a blog....maybe that's why you forget me :-)

lgaumond said...

Yes, if you don't have a blog you just don't count, in my book. Sorry, I'm just shallow like that.

Unknown said...

Now here's a post that deserved a PICTURE!