Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm baaack. And Leta, too!

Hey there again. Welcome back. I'm still playing with the layout and look of this blog, please be patient as I get comfy with it and sorry if my newbie html skills freak out your eyeballs as I make everything pretty.

So I had started this painting a while back, and I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. It's a portrait (not usually my thing). I thought I'd try something new. One of my favorite blogs, Dooce, had a picture of her daughter on her site that I just loved. And it inspired me. So I painted it. Here she is, this is Leta (stage 1):


And now here's Leta (stage 2, still under construction):

I think she's coming out pretty well. I'll post the final for you to see after I finish up the last few datails.

Here is the original picture from Dooce, it's called "Daydreaming of Differential Equations". Don't tell, but I'm planning to send this painting to Dooce when I'm done. Partly because I love her so, and partly because I don't want her to sue me for copyright infringement for painting her photograph. Hee hee. I think the secret's pretty safe, seeing as how I'm probably the only one reading this blog at the moment.

So, note to self: thanks for reading, come back again soon.

No comments: