Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Job Update: Thrilled, Art-Drunk, Tired, Happy

I was looking back at some of my old posts and read Sad. Scared. Excited. Happy. and got that same sad feeling of loss and lonliness again so I thought I should post a follow-up .

I'm happy.

At my old job, I used to handle checks. Today I handled art. Real art. Amazing art. I held it, I looked at it, I moved it, I rolled in it (no, not really, but I was so excited and art-drunk at one point, I might have).

Sure, I sit behind a desk for most of the day, but a short walk from my desk is a collection of fantastic art. A few more steps down the hall is the gallery. And I have the keys!

I like to go in there before the gallery opens to the public when the lights aren't on but the sunlight is indirecly lighting the space. It's so quiet and private. I can look at everything and be alone with it and not feel self-conscious about looking at one piece for a really long time. It's the best.

So I might still feel a little lost and confused, I might be exhausted at the end of the day from trying to remember everything, I might not feel as comfortable as I was a my other job yet, but I'm getting there. It's good. I'm happy.

No comments: