Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 in Review

It's finally 2007. As much as I have a weird dislike of writing odd numbers and as much as it will bug me all year, I am so glad to say good-bye to 2006. It was a hard year, and not only for me, but for my family and friends.

So many things changed this year, it just seemed like a hard year to get through. I changed jobs and turned thirty. I had car trouble and back spasms. My friends were sick and hospitalized, their garages caught fire, they were diagnosed with cancer, they lost parents and friends. My mother was in a car accident, my sister had nearly everything in her life but the sky above her head cave in on her. Her dog had to have her leg amputated. There's a great country song in here somewhere.

I guess everything about 2006 wasn't bad. As tough as it was to change jobs, I do love my new job. Luke got a new motorcycle which meant that I could ride a new motorcycle, too (his old one). We went on some great, albeit wet, motorcycle rides and spent lots of time with friends. I started this blog and have been enjoying the cyber-therapy for almost a year now. We somehow managed to have more parties at our house, while at the same time hardly leaving the house and getting to feel the joy of living like hermits. We were mostly healthy and we managed to get through December without having to shovel a bit of snow.

But 2007 is here and I feel like it's full of possibilities. New Year's always makes me feel excited like that. Like I have a new, blank slate to work with. So now what? I don't know. I'm not good at making resolutions. I use to resolve to quit smoking (which I don't do) or stop eating meat (when I was a vegetarian). These were resolutions I could definitely keep. I'm not sure what to resolve to do this year. I'll have to think about it.

In the meantime, I'm resolving to have a happy new year. I hope you all do the same.

No comments: