Friday, January 05, 2007

Snappy

My new camera has so many new settings and features that I could spend an entire day reading the manual and playing with it and still not have it all down. It's so cool. And pink.

I was inspired by some of the amazing pictures I saw on Flickr yesterday that other folks took using the same camera, so last night I decided to try out a few of the settings.

There's a Self Portrait setting which has a timer but right now it's set for only a 2-second delay which results in action shots of my rear end, so sorry, you won't see any of those pictures. There are also two Baby settings where I programmed in the birth dates of my nephews so the camera will print out their ages at the time the pictures were taken right on the photos. Isn't that neat?

Here's the Food setting with no flash capturing Luke's ice cold martini:
This is the Night Scenery setting. I took it on the highway on the way home. So cool:We went for a walk down by the river before dinner to look at the amazing full moon. I kept trying to take pictures of it, but I really need a tripod for that, they're all too blurry. I did try out the Night Portrait setting on Luke though:
Then there's the Macro setting. Wow. I think I can almost photograph cells with it. Here's me interrupting Molly's nap by the wood stove. I turned off the flash and zoomed in to the full extreme of the zoom. Didn't even wake her up!And lastly, the Auto setting with the flash turned off. Isn't this fish bowl awesome? I got it on Etsy. I burn candles in it at night, so cool. So what do you think? There are many, many more settings still to try out. Maybe I'll take some action shots of Molly with the Sports or Sensetive setting. There's also a Soft Portrait setting, maybe Molly will pose for that one, too. Can you imagine if I had kids? They'd hate me.

3 comments:

Karen June said...

I love taking pictures...I want a PINK camera too! Thanks for the onion advice. I'll try that. I'm thinking that stopping within a inch of the end will help with the crated fingers too...hmmm...:)

Flann said...

Anything that results in more Molly pics makes me very happy.

The baby setting is awesome!

Unknown said...

OK, I'm impressed. After looking at the pics you just sent me I had my doubts about your new camera. But the pics on this blog entry made me change my mind. Awesome. Great, now I need a new camera. Thanks a lot Lisa!