Thursday, May 25, 2006

Entirely Unnecessary

Some guy on the road just called me "dickhead".

I can't recall ever being called dickhead before. I was so stunned, I wanted to follow him to his parking spot and confront him. "Did you just call me dickhead? Oh. OK. Just checking."

It's a beautiful day in Connecticut. The sun is finally shining, everything is green and blooming and it's so warm that I was driving with my windows down. How can anyone be crabby on a day like today? Especially outside of a Starbucks!

Because everything is in bloom, my allergies have kicked it into high gear and my head is killing. Even still, I'm in a good mood because it's so lovely outside. I thought that a nice iced coffee might help the headache, so I stopped and got one on the way back from lunch. I pulled out of the parking lot and approached a line of cars waiting at a red light. I was thinking about the new prescription sunglasses I'm waiting for and how they might help this headache, too, and apparently I wasn't using my psychic ability to sense that this large man in a large car with no visible turn signal was thinking of turning in front of me into the Starbucks lot. Shame on me. He turned in behind me. Poor thing had to wait an extra three seconds to get into the parking lot! As he went by, he leaned my way and yelled "dickhead!"

Seriously. Are you that impatient? That self-absorbed? Here's a little tip for all of you prone to road rage out there. Nobody's perfect, and every little thing that happens on the road and appears to be an inconvenience to you is not done to spite you. Believe it or not, I don't hate you. (Well I might now, you called me dickhead.) I don't even know you. Sometimes I just make mistakes.

Now take it back, you big jerk, you're killing my nice weather buzz!

4 comments:

Beth said...

People are mean!!! And "dickhead" really, that's a good comeback there jack@ss!!!

Amanda said...

That is hilarious. I remember one day I was at a stop light, and I have no idea what I did to piss off the guy who was in the car next to me, but all I know is I looked over at him and he was flipping me the bird like nobody's business. And all I could do is burst out laughing, mostly because he was so enraged and I was so clueless as to what I had done!

Flann said...

How could anyone call you of all people that? Doesn't he know who you are? You're Lisa, bringer of sunshine and jewels and happiness and puppies and rainbows!

By the way, Flonase + Claritin = allergies go bye bye. Seriously, since I started on that regimen about 3 weeks ago. It's a miracle. I've been plagued with ever-worsening allergies my whole life and FINALLY I'm free!

lgaumond said...

I used to do Allegra + Flonase but I've been too crabby lately to go back to the doctor to get my rx refilled. I really should. I miss my Flonase.